It is exactly 15 years since we bought La Finca and a year later we came to Spain to live – what a journey it has been….!
- 2000 Bought the parcel of land called La Finca del Castillo de Los Moros
- 2001-3 Bought a house in Albunuelas and completely renovated it
Started the process to obtain planning permission to build a Casa Rural on La Finca
Started the catering business called Catering Amelia
- 2008 Gained planning permission for La Finca
Started the process to obtain quotations for the construction
- 2010 Finally obtained “sensible” quotations for the construction
Chris underwent emergency surgery to remove half his thyroid
- 2011 Opened for business as a Casa Rural – without licence of Occupation or
Activity because the local Mayor (in power over 27 years) would have had to pay back a hefty deposit at the same time as granting these licences.
- 2013 Obtained the licences after threatening to denounce the whole localcouncil to the Police and the Diputaccion of the Province of Granada
Chris had major surgery on his hand
Mentioned in the Sunday Times
- 2014-5 Scarlett underwent 3 neurosurgical operations to try to repair a long term injury to her spine
Listed in the Top 10 Family Friendly places to stay in Andalucia by The Guardian
Awarded the Certificate of Excellence for 2014 by Trip Advisor
Received the Trip Advisor Green Leader Platinum award for management of ecological issues
- 2015 Awarded the Certificate of Excellence for 2015 by Trip Advisor
Listed by the Sunday Times in the Top Twenty places to stay in Andalucia
- 2011-5 La Finca welcomed over 1150 local and International visitors to either eat, stay or participate in the charity events held in the house and garden
- 2015 Chris and Scarlett made the decision to retire, sell, hand over the next stage of La Finca’s life to younger entrepreneurs … and travel!